Assistant Designer | New York, NY
- Research trends, silhouettes, fabric treatments and manipulations, embellishment and trim
- Contribute to collection development through sketching, draping, fabric manipulation and treatments, embellishment and trim development.
- Assist in sample development including working with the in-house sample room as well as sample rooms in midtown, techpacking and taking specs of knitwear and denim and communicating with factories and developing custom artwork and embellishment each season.
- Report to Design Director and work collaboratively with the RTW team including other Assistant Designers and the Fabric Developer.
- Work closely with Production team to communicate all development information including BOMs and techpacks
- 1-3 years work experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Problem solver
- Team player
Please send the following to email@example.com with ‘Assistant Designer - YOUR NAME’ in the subject line. Please be sure to include the following:
+ Cover letter to tell us why you’d be a great fit for this position
+ Work Sample
+ Salary requirements