We are looking for an Associate Product Developer for Footwear/Accessories based in NYC.
- Create detailed technical packs for Footwear and Accessories seasonally or as needed to meet Development needs by category.
- Maintain detailed Style Books/ Bibles each season from Development through Production including BOM (Bill of Materials), sketches and any relevant additional information.
- Track development of all samples, ensuring on-time delivery and communicate any issues or changes. Troubleshoot for any roadblock to on-time delivery.
- Follow-up on all revised samples, checking for accuracy and timeliness with vendors.
- Manage sample tracker per season, checking the accuracy of samples upon arrival.
- Manage T&A calendar for Footwear/ Accessories.
- Build and maintain Style Matrix and WIP, update board and line sheets continuously throughout the season until finalized.
- Coordinate Development fittings with the Director and the model throughout the season.
- Source components locally, as needed.
- Aid in production needs when necessary (i.e. sending packaging materials to each factory, following the progression of fit/ confirmation and TOP samples)
- Report to Director of Development/ Production and work collaboratively with the Design Director/ RTW team when needed.
- Proficient understanding of footwear constructions & lasts
- 3+ years of experience in footwear product development or production required (experience in bags/ accessories a plus)
- Proficient in Creative Suites & Microsoft Office.
- Experience communicating directly with overseas vendors
- Proactive, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish language a plus
Please send the following to email@example.com with ‘Associate Product Developer’ in the subject line. Please be sure to include the following:
+ Cover letter to tell us why you’d be a great fit for this position
+ Salary requirements