Managing Editor - Photo and Content | New York, NY
We are looking for a passionate, organized, forward-thinking Managing Editor to join our Rachel Comey team. The role will work collaboratively with a mix of full-time and freelance editorial contributors, photographers, art directors, etc. to deliver consistent and meaningful content via the Rachel Comey brand/voice.
- Responsible for scheduling and receiving original content for weekly newsletter and daily social media posts.
- Must coordinate writers, photographers, and designers both internally and externally, in order to assemble, approve, and distribute content on a regular and frequent basis.
- Requires a person who can balance—and plan for—the competing demands of both quick-turn-around and longer-term projects.
- Produce and execute content from concept to completion.
- In charge of production details for content.
- Follows-up on all aspects of the project.
- Manages a product arrivals calendar to ensure new goods and ideas are on track to be featured in upcoming content.
- Serve as the point person for the Editorial Team. Will be in constant communication with Merchandising & Design and will be processing and relaying relevant info to and from the Editorial Team.
- Lead & Execute all channels of Social Media - Instagram, Emails, Facebook. Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
- Contribute to organizational learnings and process improvement.
- Passionate, organized leader who is able to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Has a drive for excellence. Goal-oriented.
- Manages an organized to-do list. Efficient.
Please send the following to email@example.com with ‘Managing Editor - Photo and Content’ in the subject line. Please be sure to include the following:
+ Cover letter to tell us why you’d be a great fit for this position
+ Salary requirements