Product Development/Production Manager - Footwear and Accessories | New York, NY
- Oversee product development for footwear, bags, jewelry, and all accessories.
- Maintain daily communication with factories and suppliers regarding the status of both samples and production.
- Work with design to fit and correct final product specs and submit corrections to the factories within calendar to ensure timeliness in prototypes, SMS, and confirmation samples.
- Facilitate cost engineering to meet cost goals, including maximizing construction opportunities while minimizing liabilities.
- Review and oversee the issuance of BOMs/tech packs for accuracy and completeness prior to production.
- Collaborate with Merchandising/Sales to receive orders on time.
- Place all purchase orders for leathers, fabrics, any other components.
- Communicate with sales and retail teams on reorders, cancellations, or exclusive orders.
- Coordinate bookings for shipments with the freight forwarder
- Maintain an updated library of lasts, samples, inventory of leathers, fabrics and all other components in office and at factories.
- Travel to suppliers, factories, and offices as needed.
- Spanish and/ or Italian language is ideal, but not required
- Experience in footwear production or development is preferred
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills, with attention to costs and expenditures
- Ability to motivate and collaborate with factory partners and suppliers
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Product Development/Production Manager - Footwear and Accessories’ in the subject line. Please be sure to include the following:
+ Cover letter to tell us why you’d be a great fit for this position
+ Salary requirements