The NY Ready-to-Wear Production Manager facilitates the manufacturing of all styles made locally
in NY, as well as collaborating with the Director of Production on overseas production styles.
The manager is responsible for:
- Planning & execution of all domestic production processes to ensure an on time delivery each
season. Including but not limited to cut ticket submission, grading and marking, sewing
benchmarks, and quality control.
- Ordering all linings and fusible needed for production. Provide support to the Head of Production
with bulk fabric ordering, imports, and invoicing.
- Maintain active daily communication with NY factories (cutting status, sewing status, problem
solving, fabric and trim needs from factories for damages, etc.)
- Manage allocation to various factories in the NYC’s Garment District. Engage in cost negotiations
- Completion of target costing for all RTW styles made in NY before market each season. Analyze
margins at the end of the season to reflect on areas of improvement.
- Working cross functionally with the Warehouse Logistics team on shipment planning and
upcoming delivery status.
- Actively maintain company-wide WIP document with accurate deadlines for all cross functional
teams to access.
- Closely partner with Design Team on pattern schedule between Design and Production, including
ensuring all BOMs are finalized and up to date when proceeding into production.
- Partner with a grading and marking contractor to facilitate all RTW style gradings for domestic
and overseas production, including cross-checking specs and garment construction.
- Partner with in-house development team on fulfilling production sample requests and small in-
house production runs.
- Building a seasonal time and action calendar for NY processes. Establishing pattern deadlines
with the Head of Production and Patternmaking team to ensure an on-time delivery schedule.
- Attending all production fittings and related meetings to document any changes from SMS to
production and communicate any necessary information to vendors and internal teams.
- Coordinating with the Merchandising team to manage and track sample requests for production
- Analyzing fabric consumption and keeping an accurate record of fabric liability each season.
- In-person quality control at the domestic factories twice per week
- Supporting Head of Production with overseas production of RTW, Knits, Shoes, and Accessories.
- Managing a full-time Production Assistant.
- Ability to problem solve and make technical decisions as necessary.
- Minimum of 4 years knowledge in RTW production overseas and domestic
- Working knowledge of digital platforms such as Google Sheets, Excel, PLM
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good collaborative skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in both, overseas and domestic production
To express your interest please send your resume and a brief description of yourself to email@example.com.