- The Design Director is responsible for conceptualisation, design, and fabrication of 4 RTW collections a year from concept to completion, working closely with the Creative Director.
- Work with the Creative Director and Developer to build the material story each season.
- Lead the Design Team in researching seasonal mood/inspiration based on direction from Creative Director
- including proposals based on performance hindsight and trend.
- Lead the in house Pattern Team and Sample room to develop prototypes giving clear direction through to the SMS stage.
- Lead fittings for development and actively participate in production fittings. Display a high level of confidence and aptitude in developing styles from sketch to production.
- Manage Design and Development Team including RTW team, Patternmakers, Sample room, and fulltime and freelance designers and developers across all RTW categories.
- Manage the Development Calendar in conjunction with the Developer.
- Work closely with Sales, Merchandising, Retail and Production teams to strategize and communicate best outcomes for each style and season.
- Report to Creative Director
- Strong experience as a RTW designer at a senior level looking to grow their career.
- Exceptional taste and creativity levels. Technical knowledge and a great understanding of textile and materials, excellent sensitivity to fabrication and color as well as fit, construction, embellishment, and finishing.
- Self motivated with the ability to adapt to frequent change and high pressure.
- A strong team player that is considerate of colleagues with good cross functional communication skills.
- High work ethic, integrity and reliability with a "Hands on" attitude, with great time management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to critically think and creatively solve complex problems.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office/Google Drive.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us a letter of intention with your portfolio or other supporting materials, so that we can learn more about your work to firstname.lastname@example.org